[AG-TECH] video consumer vic not always receive feeds... the video producer vic does instead

Natalia Costas natalia at cesga.es
Mon May 8 06:48:41 CDT 2006

Hi everybody,

Giving a hand to our collegues at the University of Extremadura, we
found a problem. Maybe someone knows the solution. The problem arises
with a one machine node with two capture cards:

They have 2 videoproducer services + 1 videoconsumer. The problem is
that the videofeeds go to any of the vics (video producer of
videoconsumer) randomly... so.. sometimes the videoconsumer vic receives
nothing (but the videoproducer vic does), and it starts receiving the
feeds only when i close one of the video producer vics.

The only workaround i've found is to add 2 video services (so any of
them receive the feeds and are unmuted). Both receive all the feeds, but
i dont like that solution very much. I am afraid it might have some
impact on performance (the videostreams are delivered to two different
applications...)

Thanx a lot in advance,
Kind regards.

Natalia Costas Lago
E-mail: natalia at cesga.es

Centro de Supercomputacion de Galicia (CESGA)
Avenida de Vigo, s/n (Campus Sur)
15705 Santiago de Compostela - SPAIN

Tel: +34  981 56 98 10
Fax: +34  981 59 46 16