[AG-TECH] Certificates in AG3

Thomas D. Uram turam at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Mar 28 09:34:07 CST 2006

For the 3.0 release, the VenueClient does not use certificates.  Like with secure
webpages (with an https url), the connection is secured by a certificate on the
server, and clients are unidentified.

The next release will integrate client-side certificates back in, making it
possible
but still not necessary to use a certificate in the VenueClient.

If you're having a problem in AG3 beta2 with the VenueManagement interface,
please describe it in detail in a bug report so we can try to reproduce the problem
and track it.  At this point, the only value in managing VenueServer authorization
is to control who can run VenueManagement.

Tom