[AG-TECH] Any AG Sites in Paris (France, not Idaho)

monika.k.rabarison at ccaix.jsums.edu monika.k.rabarison at ccaix.jsums.edu
Thu Mar 2 09:03:26 CST 2006

Rick,

This morning I saw a video stream in the NCSA Lobby. It came
from jean-michel.batto at jouy.inra.fr but I am not sure if he
is in Paris or somewhere else.

-Monika

> Dear Colleagues,
>
> We are tying to conference with a colleague in Paris
> during an upcoming 2-day meeting.  I do not find any AG
> sites in France on the global node listing at Accessgrid
> Central:
>
>    http://agcentral.org/nodes
>
> (the only listed French site is on Reunion, an island off
> the eastern coast of Africa!).
>
> We tried conferencing between her site and us using a
> bridged venue at NCSA but the experience was **horrible**.
>  We think the ideal solution would be to get her to a
> well-run working node somewhere in Paris -- does anyone
> know of one?
>
> Many Thanks, Rick Rodgers

> ---------------------- R. P. C. Rodgers, M.D. *
> rodgers at nlm.nih.gov * (301)435-3267 (voice, fax) OHPCC,
> LHNCBC, U.S. National Library of Medicine, NIH Bldg 38,
> Rm. B1N-30F2, 8600 Rockville Pike, Bethesda MD 20894 USA
> http://lhc.nlm.nih.gov/staff/rodgers/rodgers.html

Monika Rabarison
Systems Administrator
Jackson State University
Office: (601)979-5933
SciVis Lab: (601)979-1061
http://vislab.jsums.edu

"Computers are incredibly fast, accurate and stupid; humans
are incredibly slow, inaccurate and brilliant; together they
are powerful"  Albert Einstein