[AG-TECH] reverse multicast bridge?

S.Booth spb at epcc.ed.ac.uk
Fri Jun 30 10:14:40 CDT 2006

On Wed, 28 Jun 2006, Thad Sze wrote:

> I'm slowly making progress with the multicast issue.  It looks like I can
> have multicast at the school turned on soon, but the peering with the greater
> campus network will take some time.  Is it possible to have a unicast
> connection to a bridge out on yonder internet and re-bridge the traffic back
> to multicast once it's on our internal network, either via the venue server
> or some other mechanism?

I did have such an option in an earlier version of quickbridge but I took
it out because it increased the likelyhood of ending up with a feedback
configuration where 2 bridges start echoing each other.

Anyway it would need to be started by hand for each session.

The current built in bridge in AG is so easy to use that I would just
stick with that for the time being.
Thats what we do when out multicast breaks.

 			Stephen