[AG-TECH] Injecting DVD or avi/mpeg4 videos into an AG session

Jason Bell j.bell at cqu.edu.au
Wed Jun 28 01:12:18 CDT 2006

G'day all

I had a personal email asking how I inject a DVD or avi/mpeg4 videos
into an AG session.  I thought my reply might interest a few, so I
thought I would also send my reply to the AG mailing lists as well.

I have the ability to inject DVD/Multimedia streams into the Access Grid
by:

*	Using an Audio/Video switcher which connects the inputs from a
PC, DVD and Document Camera.

*	The audio output from the AV switcher goes into the genter
(XAP400) as an input, which I then output to my speakers inside my AG
and output to the audio node of the AG, which then transmits to external
sites.

*	The video output I connect to the capture card within the Video
Capture Node, as I would any camera.

This allows me to inject AV from a PC, DVD or Document camera into the
AG as an optional stream.

The only caveat is that we are only using H261 at present, therefore the
video stream can be a bit ordinary.

I hope this may be of some use to others.

Cheers,
Jason.

Jason Bell, B.I.T.
B. Info. Tech. (Honours) Student

Network Engineer
Information Technology Division
Central Queensland University

High Performance Computing Support Officer
Central Queensland University

Research Assistant to the Nonlinear
Intelligent Systems Research Group
Faculty of Informatics & Communication