[AG-TECH] AGVCR 2.0.0 released

John Langkals langkals at pacific.mps.ohio-state.edu
Wed Jun 21 16:47:09 CDT 2006

SUPERSTAR!

Thank you,

John

John Langkals
Systems Manager
OCTS
M2021 Physics Research Building
191 West Woodruff Avenue
Columbus, Ohio 43210
614.292.6957 Office
614.327.3732 Cell
614.292.7557 FAX
www.octs.osu.edu

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-ag-tech at mcs.anl.gov [mailto:owner-ag-tech at mcs.anl.gov] On Behalf
Of Derek Piper
Sent: Wednesday, June 21, 2006 5:01 PM
To: Access Grid Technical mailing list
Subject: [AG-TECH] AGVCR 2.0.0 released

	Hi all,

	To let you know, I have released version 2.0.0 of AGVCR. This
release
makes quite substantial changes to the underlying operations of AGVCR
but includes the same basic functionality as before.
	2 big changes of the new release and what they mean:

RFC 3550 compliant RTP/RTCP generation on playback
	Smoother playback when looping and sources have information
instantly
upon playback.
	Filtering works correctly
	VIC and RAT do not reject packets in normal operation

Multiple packet buffer system
	Able to handle 'bursty' conditions more effectively
	Larger buffers for handling packets of higher bitrate codecs

	A new file format enables these changes and while older AGVCR
releases
will not be able to read it, AGVCR 2.x will read older files with no
problems.
	Other changes have been made such as improved fast forward/rewind,
faster editing that has a cancel button too :>, file/net encryption
notification and participant list information cleanup.

	Please see the project website for more information:

http://iri.informatics.indiana.edu/~dcpiper/agvcr/

	Let me know if you download and use it. I have worked on testing
this
release, but as always, I cannot test every possible eventuality.

	Thanks,

	Derek

--
Derek Piper - dcpiper at indiana.edu - (812) 856 0111