[AG-TECH] Capture cards problems, URGENT

John Hodrien johnh at comp.leeds.ac.uk
Wed Jun 21 04:55:27 CDT 2006

On Tue, 20 Jun 2006, Thomas D. Uram wrote:

> Hi Natalia:
>
> I have used two WinTV cards under WinXP.  With AG2, you have to use the
> VFW drivers. With AG 3.0.1, you should use WDM (the next release will support
> the use of either VFW or WDM).

I've used the open source drivers happily with 3 cards under windows.  The
normal registry renaming is required since all cards get the same name.

http://btwincap.sourceforge.net/supportedcards.html

> There's a long history of success using multiple WinTV cards in Linux, so
> that should not be any problem.

Yep, no problems at all with 3 bt878 cards under Fedora.

> I have not used the Pinnacle PCTV card; maybe someone else can comment there.

We had Pinnacle Rave cards (or similar) with SAA7134 chipsets, and the drivers
didn't support more than one card under windows.  Works fine under linux.

jh

--
"You think you are dying for your country; you die for the industrialists."
                                                      -- Anatole France