[AG-TECH] AG2.4 setup error

Douglas Kosovic douglask at itee.uq.edu.au
Tue Jun 20 21:07:43 CDT 2006

Hi Zephyr ,

> I did what you suggested and then it complained three dependencies needed
> which are pyGlobus, pyOpenSSL_AG and SOAPpy. During the rebuild of
> pyGlobus
> with pyGlobus-1.0.10-2.fc3.src.rpm, I found it set the $GLOBUS_LOCATION to
> /usr/lib64/globus while I installed it to /usr/lib/globus, so I made a
> symbolic link for them. Then it came with the following errors:

If globus-accessgrid got installed into /usr/lib/globus rather than
/usr/lib64/globus, then the wrong version of globus-accessgrid got
installed.

Try the following:
    rpmbuild --rebuild globus-accessgrid-2.4.3-1.fc3.src.rpm
    rpm -i /usr/src/suse/x86_64/globus-accessgrid-2.4.3-1.x86_64.rpm
then
    rpmbuild --rebuild pyGlobus-1.0.10-2.fc3.src.rpm

> For the other two components, pyOpenSSL_AG needs elinks and SOAPpy needs
> python-abi and the procedure of installing them are both problematic.

You could remove elinks from the dependency and comment out the
pyOpenSSL-elinks.patch lines. Later versions of Fedora don't come with lynx,
hence the elinks patch.

The python-abi dependency could also be removed. On Fedora, python-abi is
set to the Python version (e.g. 2.3 or 2.4, it's to prevent a RPM built
against Python 2.4 being installed on a Python 2.3 based Fedora, etc)

> During the time trying to solve the problem I found it is hard to find
> rpms
> that support SUSE, most of them I've found are for FC. Is it possible that
> switch to FC can make it easier to setup the AGTK on Linux. Which
> configuration(including Linux version and AGTK version) do you recommend?

I'm currently maintaining 6 RPM yum repositories for i386 and x86-64 Fedora
Core 3, 4 and 5. The RPMs are specifically targeted for that particular
Fedora version and should cleanly install (with RPMs dependencies from
Fedora Core and Fedora Extras). If you decide on going for Fedora, I would
recommend FC5.

I don't have the hardware or hard disk space to do the same for multiple
versions of SUSE.

> Please give some advices on the problem.

Sorry I don't have SUSE installed anywhere at the moment, so I'm not able to
reproduce the problems. Someone else on this list had previously built the
compat-AccessGrid RPMs on x86-64 SUSE, so I assumed it would be pretty
smooth to build on SUSE.

Cheers,
Doug