[AG-TECH] AG2.4 setup error

Douglas Kosovic douglask at itee.uq.edu.au
Tue Jun 20 03:12:52 CDT 2006

Hi Zephyr,

> I tried to setup AG2.4 on SUSE 10, following the tutorial on:
> http://www.vislab.uq.edu.au/research/accessgrid/software/suse/
> building from sourse code, and got the error message below:

Something has failed to build, the BuildSnapshot.py script continues even if
something has failed earlier on.

You will have more luck trying to build
compat-AccessGrid-2.4-5.20060503cvs.fc3.src.rpm from here (which just use
plain SRPM files):
   http://www.vislab.uq.edu.au/accessgrid3/fedora/3/SRPMS/

try:
  rpm -i compat-AccessGrid-2.4-5.20060503cvs.fc3.src.rpm
  cd /usr/src/suse/SPECS
# change the wxPython dependency to python-wxGTK with vi
  vi compat-AccessGrid.spec
  rpmbuild -ba compat-AccessGrid.spec

It will complain about missing dependencies, rebuild any that aren't
available with SUSE from the SRPMs in the above URL...

Cheers,
Doug