[AG-TECH] A Newbie Question

Shaila Parashar shaila at engr.colostate.edu
Mon Jun 5 14:27:00 CDT 2006

Hi

We are in the process of installing an access grid. We are in the
process of deciding what operating system would be ideal for the various
machines. Some members of our team would prefer having windows on all
machines. Is there an advantage of one operating system over the other
for a specific operation (video, audio , display or control).  Our
choice of hardware will depend on the operating system we choose.

Any suggestion/ideas/horror stories/pleasant experiences about either
linux or windows for the access grid would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Shaila

Shaila Parashar			e-mail:shaila at engr.colostate.edu
UNIX System Administrator	tel:- (970)-491-6555
Engineering Network Services
Colorado State University
Fort Collins, CO 80523-1301