[AG-TECH]too much Bitrate in RAT

Andrew A Rowley Andrew.Rowley at manchester.ac.uk
Fri Jul 21 04:28:26 CDT 2006

Hi,

Note that to be compatible with InSORS IGAudio, I think we are restricted to L16-16K-MONO (256kbps), PCMU-16K-MONO (128kbps) and PCMU-8K-MONO (64kpbs).  Of the PCMU codecs, the 16K Mono one should be of the same quality as L16.

This depends on how important this interoperability is in your meetings - presumably if there was a move to another codec in general, I would guess that InSORS would consider implementing this in IGAudio too, but I wouldn't like to speak for them on this.

Andrew :)

Access Grid Support Centre,
RSS Group,
Manchester Computing,