[AG-TECH] vic/rat installation in AG2.4

Douglas Kosovic douglask at itee.uq.edu.au
Mon Jul 17 01:33:49 CDT 2006

Hi Zephyr,

> Are vic and/or rat installed with AG2.4 by default, or they should be
> installed separately?

For the old monolythic AccessGrid-2.4 RPM, they're installed by default, for
the newer compat-AccessGrid-2.4 noarch RPM, I apply a patch so that
/usr/bin/vic and /usr/bin/rat are used instead.

> Since for AG2.4 Windows setup there is only one setup  file but for Linux
> version there is a ag-media directory which contains vic and rat stuff.
> The problem is when I run make-ag-rpm, it gives an error saying:

That make-ag-rpm script was for AG 2.2 on RedHat 7.3 and isn't used anymore.

> But I'm using SUSE 10, not Red Hat. Any suggestions is welcome.

You can grab compat-AccessGrid-2.4, AccessGrid-rat and AccessGrid-vic RPMs
from:
   http://www.vislab.uq.edu.au/accessgrid3/suse/10.1/i586/

The above RPMs were built on SUSE 10.1, I assume they'll also work on SUSE
10. The python-*i586 RPMs won't be suitable for x86-64 SUSE, and would need
to be rebuilt for x86-64. The python-*noarch RPMs should work fine with
x86-64 SUSE.

Doug