[AG-TECH] Access Grid 3.0 beta1 available !

Thomas D. Uram turam at mcs.anl.gov
Mon Jan 30 09:37:00 CST 2006

On 1/30/06 7:10 AM, Derek Piper wrote:

>     Hi Tom,
>
>     I realize this is just a beta but is there going to be any
> compatibility planned for AG2? Or, is it assumed that people would keep
> AG2 installations and try and gradually move over to it in time once
> peers support the same?

There is no compatibility planned.  So many of the underlying technologies
have changed (Globus->SSL, GSI-HTTP file transfer->FTPS, EventService,
SOAP implementation) that it would be very difficult to build in compatibility.

>     Also, encryption is mentioned - is that still Rijndael? I'm asking
> since I have encryption support in AGVCR and I'd like to make sure it
> remains compatible.

There are no changes to the media encryption.  The encryption mentioned is
for the soap/event/text/data connections, which are encrypted now and were not
previously.