[AG-TECH] Access Grid 3.0 beta1 available !

John Hodrien johnh at comp.leeds.ac.uk
Mon Jan 30 08:47:09 CST 2006

On Mon, 30 Jan 2006, Rosario Lombardo wrote:

> Here are the troubles :)
> - Started the client, I noticed a mis arrangement of the graphical controls
> (the address bar is squeezed  by top toolbar and the Venue name)

Looks equally broken under linux.

> - Starting the client makes the network unreacheable (no other net app
> works!!) and is worthless repairing or disabling-enabling the connection,
> nor ending running process: RESTART is required!

Now that is windows being broken (however dodgy AG3 is, it shouldn't be able
to do that).  I've managed to connect fine with the linux client, but the
message input doesn't seem to do anything in the bottom of the client.

I'm partly assuminging that when the initial documentation arrives for AG3,
some of the features (scheduling, jabber, etc.) will become clearer.

jh

--
"This island is made mainly of coal and surrounded by fish.  Only an organizing
  genius could produce a shortage of coal and fish at the same time."