[AG-TECH] Bridge documentation

S.Booth spb at epcc.ed.ac.uk
Wed Jan 11 16:28:58 CST 2006

On Mon, 9 Jan 2006, Jeremy Mann wrote:

> I would like to know if there is a way to configure the Unicast bridge so
> that I can hardcode the UDP unicast directly for each room instead of
> having it dynamically assign ports. I know about portMin and portMax which
> I'm currently using, but I'd like the ability to publish each rooms
> Unicast ports on our Access Grid website.

This was the mode of operation I originally designed the quickbridge code
for. If you want to set up static perminant bridges for a room
all you need to do is run the quickbridge binary manually specifying the
ports you want using command line flags. e.g
./quickbridge -g <multicast-group> -m <multicast-port> -u <unicast-port>
(obviously you need to construct the room to use static multicast group
and ports).

If you run QB without command any arguments it should print a help
message.

Note that for static bridges you can use a single QB instance to bridge
multiple rooms or video/audio at the same time by adding multiple sets of
flags seperated by the -n flag.

e.g.
./quickbridge -g <multicast-group> -m video-mcast-port -u video-unicast-port -n -m audio-mcast-port -u audio-unicast-port

The code is also written not to use any CPU when there are no clients
attached so there is no downside to leaving the bridge running for long
periods

 			Stephen