[AG-TECH] Bridge documentation

Michael Braitmaier braitmaier at hlrs.de
Tue Jan 10 00:58:47 CST 2006

We do exactly the same here.
I ensure the fixed porst for  certain venue, by bridging each venue
seperately and then just specifiying a port range of 4 ports which is
the minimum required
for a venue (2 ports vic /2 ports rat). Unfortunately the standard
allocation method of AccessGrid for ports out of the given range is a
random mode. So everytime
the bridge restarts the association for ports like vic incoming is
mapped to a different unicast port as the last time.
Therefore I applied a patch to the NetworkAddressAllocator.py and
BridgeServer.py to have a sequential allocation mode, starting with the
lower bound of the port range and ending with its upper bound. I know
there were initial plans for having such a allocation mode natively in
AccessGrid, though I don't know whether this allocation mode has made it
into AG2.4, but I suppose not.

Michael

--
Dipl.-Inf. Michael Braitmaier