[AG-TECH] AccessGrid on PDA devices

Brian Corrie bcorrie at sfu.ca
Thu Feb 23 13:40:11 CST 2006

Hi all,

Back in the AG 1.x days we had something along these lines working.
Recall that AG 1.x was web based and it started up vic and rat through
wrappers that were started via web navigation. This was a bit of an
extension that we did on AG 1.x. We got this going to some degree, using
the work that I think the Motorola folks got going with vic and rat on
PDAs... We also did some work on media stream selection, so the wireless
device got only the video feeds that they wanted (similar to
PersonalBridge).

Performance was actually not too bad if you didn't go overboard on the
video feed. I have attached a picture of a PDA in action. The image on
the PDA is a video stream of a scan converted visualization, being
displayed by Vic. It was pretty cool. I think this would be a lot more
work given the AG architecture of today, but then again, the processors
and OSes on PDAs are becoming more and more sophisticated...

Cheers,

Brian