[AG-TECH] AccessGrid on PDA devices

John Hodrien johnh at comp.leeds.ac.uk
Thu Feb 23 10:43:00 CST 2006

On Thu, 23 Feb 2006, Derek Piper wrote:

> 	Heh, that sounds fun. I can picture the NCSA lobby in little teeny
> tiny 1/2" windows ... :D
> 	VIC is just the video component, you'd need something to take the job
> of RAT and then you have audio too. From that you could join in with a manual
> hookup, since you would need the VenueClient software and associated
> dependencies in order to browse venues. I'm thinking all that would probably
> slaughter the poor little PDA but it sounds like it's worth a laugh.
> 	For manual hookup, get the ports from the 'Properties' entry of the
> 'Venue' menu of a VenueClient. You might want to also go to a venue with a
> bridge (or run one yourself against your venue server) to remove multicast
> from being a problem over the wireless.

I think it sounds like good clean fun ;)

Considering skype copes well on a PDA (and that's *hideously* CPU intensive) I
figure it's within reach, and that the compromises would be workable.

Should we be expecting requests for a PPC shared presentation tool in a few
weeks?

jh

--
"Imagine a rubberised overly firm breast that you can twist and push in most
  directions.  It's not entirely like that."         -- jh