[AG-TECH] ratmedia crash

Cindy Sievers sievers at lanl.gov
Tue Feb 21 14:56:03 CST 2006

I don't know how to fix the problem, but I see the MBUS related error when
I move stuff around in the RAT ui  too much.....things like moving the
slider bar up and down a lot to scroll through the list of participants, or
adjusting the volume seem to crash RAT....and like David said, by
re-enabling audio through Preferences/Enable audio, I can bring rat back up
again.....I also see this problem when certain nodes join a conference.  I
don't know if they are sending bad packets or what, but it seems that when
some nodes enter or exit a meeting, rat crashes......I haven't isolated
which exact nodes cause this, but others have noticed it as well.....
BTW, I am running on Windows XP, onboard audio, single machine node......

At 01:30 PM 2/21/2006, you wrote:
>Is there any mention of MBUS?  We've seen MBUS-related problems on Windows
>a fair
>number of times.
>
>I certainly wouldn't suspect your memory.
>
>Has anyone had any luck addressing this problem?
>
>Tom
>

>On 2/21/06 1:58 PM, David Fitzgerald wrote:
>>Hi everyone,
>>
>>Forgive me if this question has already been asked somewhere, but I have
>>not seen any threads that answered my question.
>>
>>I have a PIG, running AGTK 2.4 under Windows XP SP2.  Hardware is a
>>Pentium 4, 2.6Ghz, with 512Mb RAM. Soundcard is a Soundblaster Live 24,
>>and video capture card is a Winnov Videum 1000 VO Plus.
>>
>>My problem is during every AG session, I lose audio, and get the pop-up
>>message: “Ratmedia has encountered a problem as has to close
.”  The
>>error log shows the message:
>>“Faulting application ratmedia.exe, version 0.0.0.0, faulting module
>>ratmedia.exe, version 0.0.0.0 fault address 0x0001d6a6.”  Video continues
>>to tansmit and receive just fine, only audio is gone.  Also, I usually,
>>but not always, get a second error message that says: “Fault bucket
>>84770519.”  When this happens, if I go into node manager and disable then
>>re-enable the audio service, audio comes back for awhile until the next crash.
>>
>>Is this a memory problem, i.e. a bad memory chip or too little RAM?  If
>>someone could help me track down the cause of this problem I’d really
>>appreciate it!
>>
>>Dave
>>
>>+++++++++++++++++++++++
>>David Fitzgerald
>>Department of Earth Sciences
>>Millersville University
>>Millersville Pa 17551
>>
>>Phone: 717-871-2394
>>

>>//I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less
>>than half of you half as well as you deserve.//
>>Bilbo Baggins,// The Fellowship of the Ring//

Cindy Sievers           Los Alamos National Laboratory
sievers at lanl.gov        Group CCS-1 MS B287
tel:505.665.6602        Advanced Computing
fax:505.665.4939        Los Alamos, NM 87544