[AG-TECH] ratmedia crash

David Fitzgerald David.Fitzgerald at millersville.edu
Tue Feb 21 13:58:48 CST 2006

Hi everyone,

Forgive me if this question has already been asked somewhere, but I have
not seen any threads that answered my question.

I have a PIG, running AGTK 2.4 under Windows XP SP2.  Hardware is a
Pentium 4, 2.6Ghz, with 512Mb RAM. Soundcard is a Soundblaster Live 24,
and video capture card is a Winnov Videum 1000 VO Plus.

My problem is during every AG session, I lose audio, and get the pop-up
message: "Ratmedia has encountered a problem as has to close ...."  The
error log shows the message:
"Faulting application ratmedia.exe, version 0.0.0.0, faulting module
ratmedia.exe, version 0.0.0.0 fault address 0x0001d6a6."  Video
continues to tansmit and receive just fine, only audio is gone.  Also, I
usually, but not always, get a second error message that says: "Fault
bucket 84770519."  When this happens, if I go into node manager and
disable then re-enable the audio service, audio comes back for awhile
until the next crash.

Is this a memory problem, i.e. a bad memory chip or too little RAM?  If
someone could help me track down the cause of this problem I'd really
appreciate it!

Dave

David Fitzgerald
Department of Earth Sciences
Millersville University
Millersville Pa 17551

Phone: 717-871-2394

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less
than half of you half as well as you deserve.
Bilbo Baggins, The Fellowship of the Ring