[AG-TECH] One-page summary of AG port usage -- please help us complete it

Ivan R. Judson judson at mcs.anl.gov
Mon Feb 13 11:41:32 CST 2006

I think what you're hearing is unwillingness for anyone to commit to a wrong
answer.

>From memory, the ports for vic, rat, and the rest of the tools are allocated
by the venue server. It can be a static allocation configured by the
provider or a dynamic allocation (I think the default).

Given this configurability, it's impossible to state exactly what ports the
media tools will or won't use.

Sorry for the complicated answer.

--Ivan