[AG-TECH] One-page summary of AG port usage -- please help us complete it

R. P. Channing ["Rick"] Rodgers rodgers at nlm.nih.gov
Mon Feb 13 11:35:59 CST 2006

Michael,

Thanks, I agree that AG Central would be an excellent development resource
and then final home for our summary of AG port usage.  We certainly need
help completing it.  The biggest gap right now is port ranges for vic and rat.
I just *know* that folks working with the code for these applications more
actively than we do could produce these numbers in a few minutes.

In browsing around in the AG Central forums, it appears that they have only
received light traffic thus far, not that that should stop us from helping to
kick-start the community there.  It's not clear which forums would be optimal
for our purposes -- I suppose "AG Toolkit/General"?  So I'm taking your advice,
reattaching our two documents here, and also posting my original message to
"AG Toolkit/General" on the forum at http://agcentral.org as wel.

CORRECTION: just tried to do the above, and got completely wedged -- not
clear that I have permissions to post to the forum, even though I'm registered.
Then my web client got completely stuck.  Will try again later, sigh...

Cheers, Rick Rodgers

> From: "Michael Daw" <michael.daw at manchester.ac.uk>
> Subject: RE: [AG-TECH] One-page summary of AG port usage -- please help us
complete it
> Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2006 09:43:55 +0000
>
> Great work guys! This is going to be good.
>
> But, can I suggest using http://agcentral.org for this? If the document is
discussed and refined in a forum, it will be easy to find. Once it's ready, it
can be posted to the help center. Because most of us still aren't completely
used to using agcentral, you can always post frequently to ag-tech too with
pointers.