[AG-TECH] networkless AG sessions?

Anja Le Blanc anja.leblanc at manchester.ac.uk
Fri Feb 10 08:40:36 CST 2006

We are planing to have a demonstration in a place (possibly) without a
network. So we want to record a meeting before and play it back during
the demonstration. For this I thought I could have a Venue Server
running on the same machine and be contacted over localhost.

As long as a network is connected that works fine, but without any
network connection I already getting error messages starting up the
Service Manager (AddServicePackage exception, Exception: Error starting
service, <Fault SOAP-ENV:Server: Method Failed:
ServiceManager:AddServicePackage>, ...).

I am running a Windows XP SP2 machine with AG2.4 installed. The
NodeManagement.log give a 'GSITCPSocketException: the name 2 could not
be resolved' exception. Where does it get the IP 2 from? In all config
files (as far as I can see) the URL is
'https://localhost:11000/ServiceManager' and in the hosts file the
lookup for localhost is 127.0.0.1.

Is there a way to run the AG software without a network?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Anja