[AG-TECH] SUSE 10.2

Douglas Kosovic douglask at itee.uq.edu.au
Wed Dec 20 16:23:02 CST 2006

Hi Mike,

> The main error I'm getting is:
>  There are no installable providers of python < 2.5
>
> Does this mean that it might work if I downgrade python to 2.4?
> 2.5 is default in SUSE10.2 image

I wouldn't try downgrading the system Python, RPM itself is dependent on the
system Python and would probably break after the downgrade, not to mention
other system packages.

>>> I'm having trouble installing AG on a SUSE 10.2 platform. I've tried
>>> rebuilding the 10.1 sources but having trouble with python-ZSI module.

Are you trying to build the python-ZSI SRPM from here? :
  http://www.vislab.uq.edu.au/accessgrid3/suse/10.1/SRPMS/

The only place where I could thing the 'python < 2.5' dependency is coming
from is %py_requires, you could try commenting it out in the SPEC file. But
it would be odd if the %py_requires macro is returning the wrong python
requires dependency for Suse 10.2 as it is a macro that Suse wrote.

Doug