[AG-TECH] SUSE 10.2

Rene Salmon rsalmon at tulane.edu
Wed Dec 20 15:53:08 CST 2006

Not sure if you want to downgrade to python 2.4.
As far as I can tell python-ZSI only depends on python and pyxml.

what do you get for "rpm -q --requires pyxml" ?  If you get it requires
"python >=2.5" then maybe you want to play with the python-ZSI spec file to
work with python 2.5.

Here is what I have on suse 10.1 hope it helps.

packages/SPECS> rpm -q --requires python-ZSI-2.0-0.2.20060601svn
pyxml
rpmlib(VersionedDependencies) <= 3.0.3-1
python >= 2.4
python < 2.5
rpmlib(PayloadFilesHavePrefix) <= 4.0-1
rpmlib(CompressedFileNames) <= 3.0.4-1
/usr/bin/python
rpmlib(PayloadIsBzip2) <= 3.0.5-1

packages/SPECS> rpm -q --requires pyxml
python-xml
python >= 2.4
python < 2.4.99
rpmlib(PayloadFilesHavePrefix) <= 4.0-1
rpmlib(CompressedFileNames) <= 3.0.4-1
/usr/bin/python
libc.so.6()(64bit)
libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.2.5)(64bit)
libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.3)(64bit)
libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.3.4)(64bit)
libpthread.so.0()(64bit)
rpmlib(PayloadIsBzip2) <= 3.0.5-1

Rene

On 12/20/06 3:22 PM, "Mike.W.Daley at cs.cardiff.ac.uk"
<Mike.W.Daley at cs.cardiff.ac.uk> wrote:

> The main error I'm getting is:
>   There are no installable providers of python < 2.5
>
> Does this mean that it might work if I downgrade python to 2.4?
> 2.5 is default in SUSE10.2 image
> Mike
>
> Quoting Rene Salmon <rsalmon at tulane.edu>:
>

>> Hi,
>>
>> I remember having to look through the rpmbuild logs for errors for several
>> of the rpms when building AG from source rpms on our suse 10.1 boxes.
>>
>> All the errors where incorrect paths or missing libs which can easily be
>> fixed by just editing the sources to point to the right place or installing
>> the missing libs.
>>
>> Hope this helps. I installed this a while back on 10.1 and don't remember
>> much more details.
>>
>> Rene
>>

>> On 12/20/06 12:37 PM, "Mike.W.Daley at cs.cardiff.ac.uk"
>> <Mike.W.Daley at cs.cardiff.ac.uk> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi
>>> I'm having trouble installing AG on a SUSE 10.2 platform. I've tried
>>> rebuilding the 10.1 sources but having trouble with python-ZSI module.
>>> Anyone got AG running on 10.2 and can give advice it would be appriciated.
>>> Mike

        Rene Salmon
        Tulane University
        Center for Computational Science