[AG-TECH] muticast linux

Rene Salmon rsalmon at tulane.edu
Wed Aug 30 14:51:34 CDT 2006

Hi list,

Just wanted to get some pointers on getting multicast going on a Linux
box.  The output to ifconfig shows that multicast is enabled:

eth0
           collisions:0 txqueuelen:100
           RX bytes:53750957 (51.2 Mb)  TX bytes:95713398 (91.2 Mb)
           Base address:0xdcc0 Memory:dfee0000-dff00000

Is there anything else I need to do to get this working on linux? I know
my switch and network have multicast enabled I tested this already from
a different box running windows that is plugged into the same switch as
the linux box.

Thanks for any help on this.
Rene

--