[AG-TECH] New Zealand KAREN Network

Nathan Gardiner nathan.gardiner at canterbury.ac.nz
Thu Aug 24 18:05:44 CDT 2006

Hi all,

Just a quick email to let you all know that New Zealand now has
international multicast capability. We will be officially opening our
new research network called KAREN (Kiwi Advanced Research and Education
Network) on 31st August from 5:30pm NZ time. There will be a webcast at
http://www.r2.co.nz/20060831 for anyone who would like to tune in.

University of Canterbury and University of Auckland are only connected
at this stage but over the next 3 months all other major universities
within New Zealand will be connecting.

This now means we can easily connect to the international Access Grid
community.

Regards,
Nathan Gardiner
Human Interface Technology Lab NZ (HIT Lab NZ)
Room 110, Old Maths Building, University of Canterbury
DDI: +64 3 364 3072, Cell: +64 21 163 2956, http://www.hitlabnz.org
<http://www.hitlabnz.org/>