[AG-TECH] Beacon v1.3 on Windows

Michael Braitmaier braitmaier at hlrs.de
Wed Aug 9 09:10:14 CDT 2006

Hello everyone!

After struggling quite some time with getting a beacon running on
Windows(basically trying to natively compile it), wanted to know whether
someone can give me a rough guide on how to setup such a beacon on a
Windows XP system. I know that I have to use cygwin.The question is
whether I then have to compile the beacon within the cygwin environment
of Windows XP? I am not that
used to run cygwin on Windows XP, in fact this will be the first time I
am going to use it, but I have seen some of you running
the beacon on cygwin successfully (assuming this is in combination with
Windows XP). Is it eventually possible to share
the binaries for a cygwin environment? Could someone point me out the
steps to perform to get the beacon setup successfully?
Maybe this would even be a nice subject for an article on agcentral.org?

Thanks
Michael

--
Dipl.-Inf. Michael Braitmaier