[AG-TECH] RAT - Random crashing

Markus Buchhorn Markus.Buchhorn at anu.edu.au
Wed Aug 9 04:26:10 CDT 2006

Hi Chen

Slightly quicker, in the venue client, 'preferences' menu you can 'disable audio' then 'enable audio'. One less layer of python to jump through :-/

Quickest version: note down the venue addresses (multicast group/port) for audio, and have a terminal window open in the folder where the rat executable is unpacked, and the rat start command typed in appropriately configured - when it crashes just hit <enter>... (and then reset the command line). I've done that in crucial meetings....

What kind of crash are you seeing? Random stops, or pop-up alerts about mbus problems? The latter is well known, and can come from excessive mouse events (tinkering with settings) amongst others. Random stops I've seen on various 64bit systems - where the UI remains up but gets ignored. I understand there are also some easy remote DoS attacks against rat :-)

Cheers,
        Markus

At 06:26 PM 9/08/2006 +1000, Chen Reed wrote:
>It's a Creative Audigy 2 ZS. I'll try switching to the on-board audio.
>
>Thanks for the RAT restart instructions :)
>
>Kind regards,
>
>Chen.

Markus Buchhorn, ANU Internet Futures             |Ph: +61 2 61258810
Markus.Buchhorn at anu.edu.au                        |Fx: +61 2 61259805
The Australian National University, Canberra 0200 |Mob: 0417 281429