[AG-TECH] how does the server pick multicast addresses?

Thad Sze tsze at deas.harvard.edu
Fri Aug 4 17:23:57 CDT 2006

Hi All,

	Nuts and bolts question here. If you don't explicitly set a
multicast address VenueServer to use for VIC and RAT, how does it
pick one? Is there a default that's always the same or a range that
are dedicated to AG?

	Our NOC is curious as they have been looking at other folks who want
to use multicast (primarily for Ghost) and they've been seeing
duplications, though to my knowledge nothing has conflicted with our
VenueServer yet.

Thanks,

Thad

Thaddeus Sze
Information Technology
Division of Engineering and Applied Sciences
Harvard University