[AG-TECH] Bridge server

Todd Zimmerman toddz at sfu.ca
Wed Apr 26 10:26:27 CDT 2006

Thomas D. Uram wrote:
>> Given the importance/need for many of us to statically assign bridge
> ports, will this functionality
>> be available in AG3?
>
> Can you elaborate this point more?
Heh... good question.   I kinda just threw that comment out there just to get an idea of what
Argonne sees as the future of bridging and static ports.  Currently we at WestGrid (and it appears
many users/venueserver operators) are finding ways to statically assign ports for specific bridged
venues to allow users to request extremely narrow port openings from their network administrators.
In our experience, network admins are still reluctant to open even a multi-hundred block of ports to
the entire network.

I guess my question would be, is there any way for a bridge admin to specify a port range for a
specific venue within the AG3 infrastructure?  Right now I'm running an AG3 bridge and it apparently
doesn't require a config file - can I still specify a config file with venue/port specifications etc?

Thanks,

Todd