[AG-TECH] AGVCR Launcher released

Derek Piper dcpiper at indiana.edu
Mon Apr 17 15:53:59 CDT 2006

Roberts, Ian E wrote:
> Holy cow this sounds like a cool program! Let me see if I get this straight.
> My clients could have a two-hour session where they talk about all sort of
> things and make lots of decisions, and when it's all over, I can burn a copy
> of the information to a DVD with the standalone player on it, and they can
> watch it on their computer, even if they don't have vic and rat installed.
> Am I reading this right??

Yep, that's about right. It does use VIC and RAT for output though, so
display is the same as the AG.

> Some questions I can't find on the FAQ:
>
> 1. How big are the files? More importantly, how many hours of recordings can
> I fit on a standard DVD-R?

Depends on the number of participants and also level of activity. Video
streams are very variable. For what it's worth, an hour long meeting
between 2 participants with 2 cameras each runs about 600MB. So for
small discussions you might be able to get it on a CD-R. You can also
edit recordings for length and remove individual streams as well if
you're trying to reduce its size.

> 2. I have a four-display system, what will happen when the recording is
> played back on a single display? Will it all fit?

As above, the display is taken care of by VIC so whatever the config of
the system (be it small windows or large) you can make it work.

> Thanks for this application. I can't wait to try it out. ~Ian

	Let me know how you get on with it! :)

	Derek

--
Derek Piper - dcpiper at indiana.edu - (812) 856 0111