[AG-TECH] Doorbell for the grid?

Brian Tieman tieman at aps.anl.gov
Thu Apr 13 13:08:30 CDT 2006

Tom,

I tried getting a bluetooth audio stack to work in windows--it didn't
seem possible at the time.  Do you know, have things changed?  Has
anyone gotten a bluetooth headset to work under WinXp.  I was able to
get the headphones recognized from Windows, but they woudln't
communicate audio.  I forget the specifics now, but I remember seeing
lots of stuff on the web at the time that Windows audio stack couldn't
yet support bluetooth...

We do want bluetooth to rid ourselves of wires but I also agree that who
wants to were a headset just in case?  It's also very likely that the
scientists will just wander off with them...

Brian