[AG-TECH] Doorbell for the grid?

Brian Tieman tieman at aps.anl.gov
Thu Apr 13 09:51:47 CDT 2006

Tom,

Hehe--you've obviously never worked at a synchrotron!  The area where
people generally sit is a cluttered messs of comuters and
electronics--wires and monitors cover most--if not all--available wall
space.

We currently use headphones for the audio as echo cancelation is not
cost effective or likely to work well in such a noisy environment (it
can top 60db white noise at times).  I do not believe there is any
practical way to use the AG audio channel for getting someones attention.

Brian