[AG-TECH] Release of media tools from SUMOVER project

Piers O'Hanlon p.ohanlon at cs.ucl.ac.uk
Wed Apr 12 21:21:11 CDT 2006

We would like to annouce the availablity of the latest release of the
the UCL Media tools - VIC and RAT (including the UCL Common library).
These are "developer" releases intended for use and testing by
developers and curious users. We intend to make a 'stable' release in
May in which we will include new features and updates due to relevant
feedback from this initial release.

These new versions have some new features, and have been extensively
cleaned up for compilation under gcc4 and Visual Studio.

For details see:
https://mediatools.cs.ucl.ac.uk/mbone/mmedia/

We welcome feedback over the next few weeks. We will be away on an
Easter break till May 2nd but would appreciate reports on any relevant
aspects of the tools during this time. Please provide feedback by
joining the sumover-tech list:
or sending email direct to us. Also comments may be added to the wish
wiki list pages of the tools.

We also plan to attend to the AG retreat this year and would like to
meet developers who have been working on the tools.

Thanks,

Piers O'Hanlon
Socrates Varakliotis
Peter Kirstein