[AG-TECH] Ag 2.4 Build for Suse 10

Douglas Kosovic douglask at itee.uq.edu.au
Mon Apr 10 19:14:51 CDT 2006

Hi Jeremy,

> I'm trying to build the toolkit from SRPMS for Suse 10 x86_64. gpt
> compiled fine, however globus-accessgrid errors with:
>
> rpmbuild -ba globus-accessgrid.spec
>
> + echo 'Error: AGBUILDROOT environment variable must be set'
> Error: AGBUILDROOT environment variable must be set
> + exit 1
> error: Bad exit status from /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.47086 (%prep)
>
> Where and what do I set this variable to?

Regarding the AGBUILDROOT environment variable, see building from source
code:
  http://www.vislab.uq.edu.au/research/accessgrid/software/suse/
anyway that's the old approach, where the globus-accessgrid and
AccessGrid-2.4 RPMs need to be built with the BuildSnapshot.py script,
instead of using rpmbuild.

I now use real SRPMs to build everything and the SRPMs can be found here:
    http://www.vislab.uq.edu.au/accessgrid3/fedora/

The AccessGrid-2.4 RPM is now obsoleted by compat-AccessGrid-2.4 which is no
longer a monolythic RPM containing everything and the commands under
/usr/bin have the .py suffixes replaced with 24 so as not to collide with
the AccessGrid-3.0 commands.

if you want to build compat-AccessGrid-2.4 on Suse, grab the folllowing
SRPMs:
  AccessGrid-rat
  AccessGrid-vic
  QuickBridge