[AG-TECH] RAT over wireless

Piers O'Hanlon p.ohanlon at cs.ucl.ac.uk
Mon Apr 10 18:44:56 CDT 2006

Hi

> I've got a collaborator running into problems with  RAT point-to-point
> tests over a wireless grid network.  I don't see that the 2 systems they
> are using are an issue, since they are standard PCs and there are no RAT
> audio problems over their regular networks.

RAT runs fine over Wireless unless there's a lot of loss - do you see
loss of packets over the wireless? (check the reception quality
matrix). If you're seeing loss you could try enabling rendundancy in
menu->transmission. Typically a 802.11b or g or less are fine. If
you;re using multicast there may be issues due to the AP - though it
usually works ok on most APs unless there's alot of multicast.

Piers.