[AG-TECH] Work in progress install guide

Jason Bell j.bell at cqu.edu.au
Thu Apr 6 23:25:43 CDT 2006

Colleagues

As some of you might be aware, I have been developing an installation
guide that documents the process of installing and configuring the
Access Grid software on fedora core 5.

At the moment it is still under "heavy" development, but I have been
asked by a number of my colleagues to be able to access it, as it
currently stands.

I have decided to "publish" the document, to provide others includding
you (the public) the opportunity to comment on it, find errors, ask for
additional information etc.  The document can be found at:

http://agcentral.org/help/tutorial/aginstallonfc5/

At the moment, I wouldn't recommend using it just yet to install a
complete "production" node based upon the document, but I am hopping it
will be at that standard in about a weeks time.

The current items that are lacking, or require improvement are:

*	Both the 2.x and 3.x installs require additional information for
the configuration of multi-node installs.

*	Add information on how to configure the firewall to allow the AG
to work successfully.

*	Create and write a section that details the configuration of a
bridgeserver for both 2.X and 3.x

*	And a number of other items.

Please feel free to have a look at it and let me know what you think.

Thanks for your time,
Jason.

Jason Bell, B.I.T.
B. Info. Tech. (Honours) Student

Network Engineer
Information Technology Division
Central Queensland University

High Performance Computing Support Officer
Central Queensland University

Research Assistant to the Nonlinear
Intelligent Systems Research Group
Faculty of Informatics & Communication