[AG-TECH] Bring Your Child to Work Day April 27th

Locatis, Craig (NIH/NLM/LHC) [E] locatis at nlm.nih.gov
Thu Apr 6 13:20:30 CDT 2006

It is that time of year again and I'm wondering if others in the
community are planning to demonstrate their Access Grid nodes.  We did
this last year at the National Library of Medicine with great success.
If you are interested in participating this year, please contact me.
I'm willing to do coordination of "Kids on the Grid" this year and
generate a schedule showing when different sites might be online.

Last year we had permission to meet in the NCSA venue server lobby.  I
asked for the lobby because sites often lurk there and I thought there
would always be some one present, but it turned out that the presence of
the interacting kids drove the lurkers away.  Consequently, it might be
best to use another venue.  I can offer the NLM venue at NCSA.  It can
be accessed from the doorway to The World off the NCSA lobby.  Last year
we set things up so the kids could interact with an application as well
as see and hear each other and it would be nice to try this again this
year.

We welcome those who would be willing to be online to interact with the
kids even if they are not planning to have children at their sites.

Those interested should let me know if you would like to participate and
the times that you can.

Craig Locatis

OHPCC

National Library of Medicine