[AG-TECH] vic and rat encryption

Thomas D. Uram turam at mcs.anl.gov
Mon Apr 3 13:26:43 CDT 2006

I would recommend using as much of existing solutions as possible:

- Restrict access to the venue by identity using the mechanism built into the
AG software.  This will prevent unwanted AG users from entering the venue.

- Enable encryption on the venue, so AG users get the key and it is used by
their media
tools.  The encryption key can be set in Venue Management so it is DES instead
of Rijndael,
simply by leaving off the 'Rijndael/' prefix.  This will prevent AG users from
having to enter
the key into vic and rat manually.

You can then hand the encryption key to insors users via email or somesuch so they
can apply it manually.

Tom Uram