[AG-TECH] Old documentation missing?

Robert Olson olson at mcs.anl.gov
Fri Sep 30 12:22:30 CDT 2005

You can get by by wiring the unbalanced output from PC directly to
the balanced input by taking the signal from PC and going to +  on
gentner. Ground from PC goes to - and ground on gentner.

To go the other way, wire the gentner + to PC signal, and ground to
ground, leaving gentner - floating.

See also

http://www.rane.com/note110.html
http://www.jensen-transformers.com/an/an003.pdf

You'll have a roughly 10dB signal difference; when I've set this up
in the past I made that adjustment on the gentner input and output
attached that way, so that the levels elsewhere in the system match.

--bob