[AG-TECH] Add Shared Whiteboard

Christoph Willing willing at itee.uq.edu.au
Tue Sep 13 01:47:23 CDT 2005

On 13/09/2005, at 11:47 AM, Christoph Willing wrote:

> On 13/09/2005, at 2:23 AM, Channa Tang wrote:
>

>> Thank you for your replys.
>>
>> I have installed AGTK 2.4 in Windows XP and downloaded MLB for
>> Windows
>> and SharedMLB.agpkg, but when I click on "Start MLB" button in MLB
>> Controller, the mlb application will not start itself. Does anyone
>> know why?
>>

> Channa,
>
> There are 2 ways of running MLB within the AG; either as a Node
> Service or as a Shared Application. It looks like you're using the
> second method and the Windows version of this was never completed,
> meaning that the mlb executable isn't actually run. I'll try to
> find some time to fix it in the next few days.

Channa,

You need to unzip the mlb-1.1.zip file (which you downloaded from the
"MLB for Windows" link) into your home directory. If your account
name is "channa", then your home directory will be:
     C:\Documents and Settings\channa

After unzipping, you should end up with an "mlb" directory in your
home directory. In turn, the "mlb" directory will contain some more
directories and some files, including mlb.exe, which you could test
as a standalone application first. If that works OK, then it will
work when you invoke it from the MLB Controller's Start button.

chris

Christoph Willing                           +61 7 3365 8350
QPSF Access Grid Manager
University of Queensland