[AG-TECH] encryption protocols

Andrew A Rowley Andrew.Rowley at manchester.ac.uk
Fri Oct 28 08:11:26 CDT 2005

Hi,

InSORS definitely supports at least the DES standard.  To make this work, I would guess that if you are going to use the AGTk automatic distribution of the key, you will need to set the key manually in the Venue Management console.  This will then have to use DES encryption to guarantee interoperability i.e. specify the key as DES/<key>.  At the InSORS key prompt, just enter the <key> part.

It is probably easier to just enter the key into the vic and rat encryption boxes manually (see http://www.agsc.ja.net/faqs.php#Q6).

Andrew :)

Access Grid Support Centre,
RSS Group,