[AG-TECH] Receiving video streams without installing the ag-client?

Lorenz, Sabine Sabine.Lorenz at iwr.fzk.de
Thu Oct 13 04:06:29 CDT 2005

Hi all,

Is it possible to use Access Grid without installing the AG-Client?
We want to distribute Video streams via Multicast to many hundreds of
users within our research centre.
These users should only be able to receive video streams (not to send
any streams) with their Browser or Media Player.
It would be too difficult to install the AG-Client on all of these
desktop machines.

I know that normally i need to install an AG-Client for using the Access
Grid but I ask you whether there is any possibility for receiving video
without installing the client. If it is not possible, does anybody have
another idea how to do that?

Thank you very much for your help,
Sabine

Sabine Lorenz
Forschungszentrum Karlsruhe
Inst. f. Wissenschaftliches Rechnen (IWR)
Hermann-von-Helmholtz-Platz 1
76344 Eggenstein-Leopoldshafen

e-mail: sabine.lorenz at iwr.fzk.de