[AG-TECH] AG in Education Virtual Institute Oct meeting

Jennifer Teig von Hoffman jtvh at bu.edu
Thu Oct 6 13:37:18 CDT 2005

Colleagues,

The second meeting of the Access Grid in Education Virtual Institute will be held on Tuesday, October 11, 2005 beginning at 3:30 PM CDT (4:30 PM EDT; 1:30 PDT; 20:30 UTC). (We are scheduled to be in the Schoolhouse venue in the NCSA Lobby for those of you who can navigate there). Please share this message with others. If sufficient interest exists, we will try to provide a telephone bridge for those who cannot join us on the Access Grid.

This Institute is part of the NSF-funded "Engaging People in
Cyberinfrastructure" project; more information about EPIC is available
at http://www.eotepic.org/ .

This month's speakers:

* Dr. Robin Rider, Project Director for the REVITALISE Project at East Carolina University in Greenville, North Carolina (the lead organization for the grant) and Assistant Professor, Department of Mathematics and Science Education, Center for Science, Mathematics & Technology Education, who will be sharing her experiences and insights about the project.

* Elwood Gruschow, Teacher, Jamaica High School, Jamaica Illinois

* Marijon Stites, Biology Teacher, Oakland High School

* Terry Sullivan, Technology Director, Shiloh School

We hope to see you there, as we explore ways to bring the world into
classrooms everywhere!

Jennifer Teig von Hoffman                Edee Norman Wiziecki
Boston University                        NCSA
jtvh at bu.edu                              edeew at ncsa.uiuc.edu