[AG-TECH] ClearOne AccuMic PC Desktop Echo-Cancelling Microphone

R. P. Channing ["Rick"] Rodgers rodgers at nlm.nih.gov
Wed Nov 30 10:55:41 CST 2005

Pat,

Your mention of super-cheap echo-cancelling audio options (see below) is
highly intriguing.  It would be good to see fuller reports of their performance.
In particular, are any suitable for larger scale applications beyond a single
desktop?  In visiting the  the web sites for the miniVox MV100
(http://www.mvox.com/mv100.html) and VoSKY Chatterbox
(http://www.vosky.com/product.php?pid=8) I don't see mention of echo
cancellation, though there is mention of a "DSP voice processorz' on the latter.
They may be avoiding technical data due to the interests of the consumer market
they are clearly aiming at, but it remains unclear to me as to what capabilities
these units really have with respect to the echo problem, or whether  one could
use more than one of these USB units at a time...

Best Regards, Rick Rodgers