[AG-TECH] FYI - IETF Mbone deployment WG live now

Andrew Daviel advax at triumf.ca
Wed Nov 9 11:35:29 CST 2005

FYI

The IETF64 Mbone deployment WG session is live now, with
MP3 audio streaming and Jabber back channel. It is possible  to
ask questions through Jabber - at least, it was in other WGs

- the material may be a bit inaccessible if you haven't read
the drafts being discussed :-7

... apologies for not having figured this out a bit earlier; the
streaming and jabber links are hard to find from, say, the meeting page
if you don't know about them.

Agenda:
http://www3.ietf.org/proceedings/05nov/agenda/mboned.txt
http://videolab.uoregon.edu/events/ietf/

Realplay, etc.
http://videolab.uoregon.edu/events/ietf/ietf643.m3u

Jabber:
http://www.xmpp.org/ietf-chat.html

Presentations: (none up yet for mboned)
https://onsite.ietf.org/public/meeting_materials.cgi?meeting_num=64

Other WGs that might be of interest, but have finished for this week:
        msec    Multicast Security WG
        rmt     Reliable Multicast Transport WG

Not yet happened:
        pim     Protocol Independent Multicast WG

msec concerned things like using X509 certs in encryption of multicast
streams - I don't know enough to say whether this is the same as AG uses
or something a bit different.
rmt I hadn't read the material and got totally lost ...

--
Andrew Daviel, TRIUMF, Canada
Tel. +1 (604) 222-7376  (Pacific Time)
security at triumf.ca