[AG-TECH] Re: Help! Multiple cameras on MAC

Eric Olson eolson at mcs.anl.gov
Thu May 26 14:23:22 CDT 2005

Hi Sherry,
The mac video service (which uses openmash vic) does not yet support
multiple cameras.  It currently only grabs from the default device.

The current release is the first to support cameras on the mac, so
there are new features like this that I'm sure other people would also
like.  If you would like to make sure a new feature like this does't get
forgotten, you can file a feature request in bugzilla
(http://bugzilla.mcs.anl.gov/accessgrid) by entering a new bug report and
setting the "severity" to "enhancement".

If you need other suggestions to help with your demo, just ask.  If you
have another computer around, you could use it to transmit the second
camera.  To see a document describing how to setup a multi-machine node,
you can click on the "How to Configure a Room-Based Node" link here:
http://www-unix.mcs.anl.gov/fl/research/accessgrid/documentation/user.html

Eric