[AG-TECH] Community Advisory Board

michael j daw michael.daw at manchester.ac.uk
Wed May 25 07:12:17 CDT 2005

Tom,

Here's some more community contribution!

You say that "members of the group are leaders in the community and represent the groups from around the world." But a quarter of its members hail from ANL and there's no-one representing users in the UK or Europe (I assume Colin at Glasgow is primarily there for his expertise in vic and ric).

We at the UK Access Grid Support Centre provide services to 60-70 UK nodes (and growing all the time) - wouldn't it be appropriate for us to have representation? Incidentally, there's also no representation for Germany or Spain, both with growing AG communities and only one representative for the whole of Asia.

Is the idea that we will be able to nominate and vote for new members to ensure the board is truly representative?

Mike

PS I'm cc-ing cab at accessgrid.org in the hope that someone on the board there can voice my concerns through its usual channels.