[AG-TECH] DV / HDV Integration with AG

Derek Piper dcpiper at indiana.edu
Fri May 20 13:43:41 CDT 2005

	It looks good. I noticed on the page though it talks about installing a
'consumer' service. Does this mean that you still need vic to transmit
video?
	One of my biggest grievances about vic has been the problems
encountered using a connexant bt881 chip under windows (not tried under
linux). It just would not stop crashing when loaded. Finally we switched
to an 878 based card (or cards) and it works great. So, that being said,
  improved camera WDM driver support plus the ability to tell it on the
ag configuration what wdm source I want to use for what vic (to get rid
of the problems that running multiple cameras on a windows machine gives).

	Derek

--
Derek Piper - dcpiper at indiana.edu - (812) 856 0111
IRI 323, School of Informatics